“When you have cleared all of your clutter, you can be of greater service to those around you. ” Michael B. Kitson
What a great thought! Isn’t that what being an entrepreneur, a self-employed woman is about? We long to share ourselves with the world in a way that makes a positive difference. We long to be of service.
Being the creative women that we are, there is a tendency to surround ourselves with books, papers, project outlines, mindmaps, journals, vision collages, etc. as we work to bring our inspired work into the world.
And while exercising your creativity is a good thing, too much of a good thing is no longer a good thing. Take a look around your workspace. If everywhere you look there is another pile of papers and stacks of books are waiting to be looked at or put away, then you are probably ready for a de-clutter session.
And I’m going to give you 5 good reasons why you want to do this right now! Read on and find out why this is one of the fastest ways to move yourself closer to your dreams.
1. Space clearing creates energetic clearing. If you’ve been feeling muddled, like you just cannot get a clear vision of what it is you want, then start clearing your space. The physical world is a reflection of your energetic frequency. As you begin to clear away the cobwebs physically, you are also clearing away the energetic cobwebs!
2. The void you create MUST be filled. One of the laws of the Universe is that there cannot be a void. Anywhere. This is true in our physical world and in the realms of spirit. Have you ever noticed, for example, that when you organize your bookshelves and make space by getting rid of books you no longer use, that before long those empty shelves are full again? It’s the same thing on an energetic level. As you get rid of the physical clutter, you are freeing your mind and your spirit from the attachment to those things. That creates a space, energetically, that the Universe must fill. Things will begin to manifest for you.
3. You create movement. If you’re feeling stuck about how to proceed, about creating a plan or achieving your goals, then getting up and using your body is the fastest way to start to unstick yourself. Getting into movement, sorting papers, throwing things away, dusting the shelves, making new files – whatever it is – movement in your body will create movement in your frequency, and movement in your ability to generate ideas. As you sort and distribute the piles, you will begin to sort and organize your thoughts and creative ideas as well.
4. You rediscover your brilliance. This is related to reason number 3. All that mental clearing brings ideas up to the surface. But on a more practical level, if you are like me, you make notes of ideas as they come to you. Sometimes the sheer volume of creativity generates so many notes and jottings that you can lose track of them! De-cluttering is an easy way to rediscover just how creative and brilliant you really are! You are like an archaeoligist, unearthing hidden treasures. And you are the creator of these treasures!
5. You get inspired to take action. After all of the sorting, tossing, and rediscovering, you are inspired and poised to take action on that inspiration! You have a renewed and prepared workplace in which to create your work. You have mental and spiritual clarity about how you want to contribute and serve. You easily and gracefully step into the fullness of your authenticity and bring your dreams into reality.
There you have it. The 5 reasons you want to de-clutter your workspace right now! How do these resonate with you? I’d love to know! Post your thoughts and comments below, and what the results are for you!